Cascade Handcrafted Log Homes supports an environmentally friendly approach by using a method of building that has been around for centuries. In addition to being environmentally friendly as far as the building goes, we also selectively harvest logs for the log homes we build to avoid any clear cutting. Selective harvesting ensures a perpetual growth of cedar trees throughout the forests. And the great thing is, our clients get to move into a stunning and unique new environmentally friendly log home, knowing their home has a green footprint.
We believe now, more than ever, a log home is a responsible option when considering environmental sustainability. This is because a log building incorporating good design and maintenance will easily last for several generations, many homes are still in service 60 and more years after construction. This time span more than allows the forest to regenerate the materials harvested to re-create and grow back..
Log homes naturally don’t require as much synthetic material as conventional construction, reducing the industrial footprint of pollution, energy consumption and waste.
- Cascade Handcrafted Log Homes uses selectively harvested logs when building a cedar log homes. This means the trees are hand picked so the younger trees are given a chance to grow promoting conservation and sustainability of our forests
- There is no unfriendly waste created from the building of our log homes.
- Handcrafted log home walls have comparable R-values to what you get with standard construction.
- A Handcrafted log home can last hundreds of years, lessening of the demand on the planet’s resources and the environment.
- Log home material can be recycled & reused; Bark can be used to create bark mulch and the off-cuts for carvings, furniture, crafts and other household items.
Cascade Handcrafted Log Homes have a natural resistance to heat loss — radiant comfort from the log’s thermal mass and reduced energy consumption because of its tight, precise, consistent, building design system These features along with many others, contribute to an outstanding log home that is environmentally friendly.